Friday, January 22, 2010

A girl with many names

When I was a little girl and someone would ask me what my name was, I would tell them. My name is "dogdiggy". It wasn't that I didn't like my name, I just couldn't for whatever reason pronounce my name correctly. In my little mind dogdiggy= cortney. I don't know what it is about my name, but all little ones find it difficult to say. To my nephew Max, I was Aunt Porky. Needless to say I was a little happy to watch him grow out of that one. At the age of 4 he can now say Aunt Cortney. To my nephew Oliver, I am Aunt Funning. ??? I don't get it either.
I heard once that a person with many nicknames is a person who is well-loved. I hope thats true, but I might have made it up.
Some of the many names I have answered to and the people that have given them to me are:
diggy-family
goose-dad
baby gweeo-dad
Critney/Crit-Molly
Cortney*bo*Bortney-Molly
Corn-friends, but harmony is the only one that still does
Panis-jessica
Bostody-jessica
Big Girl-keri
Hassan-aleksi
Ai Ling- my chinese name, it means "love girl"
C - aleksi
Corney-wilda
Cutegirl- ex-boyfriend
funning- Oliver
Porky-Max
Yortney- heather
I love nicknames. I have nicknames for nearly all of my friends and family. I am sure there are some that I have forgotten about, but those are a few of mine.
I am a girl with many names.
I am a girl who loves and a girl who is loved.

8 comments:

Salai said...

I do believe you forgot SISTER WINN!!!!!!

Salai said...

By The Way ...You are SO loved.....

Cortney said...

Sarah, that's so funny. I totally forgot. DUH. Sister Winn..

Likely said...

Don't forget plain old "SISTER!" That is what I call you! :) That is also what you call me.

All of your nicknames are so cute. You would laugh/cry/make a weird face if I told you the names david has called me over the years.REmember what it was over the break in California?

Initials: S.K.

Mamawags said...

Here's another... Andrea used to call you 'Courten' ;) You are definately one loved girl, especially by all the wagdogs!!

Anna said...

What cuteness!!! I'm diggin yo' blogspot!! Holla! xo,
Amt

Ashley said...

Dear sweet Corny...that is a laugh I will not soon forget. Loving the blog friend. Also, I don't think a person could cross your path with out falling in love with your awesome, adorable personality and sense of humor. You are one and a million. Not to seem like a stalker or anything, but your character, strength and maturity as a young woman are what I hope my own girls will have when they are adults. You are such a "real" chick...that is what I love about you!!!

Ashley said...

I mean't one IN a million. One AND a million might refer to split personalities or something. :p