Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Adventures of Bostody and Yestica


It was a sunny day in Provo, UT when I first met Jessica Oliver.
I had the day off and was all alone in my apartment when her and a friend knocked on my door.
They were thinking about moving into the complex and just wanted to see the inside of the apartments (you get these kind of knocks a lot when you live in Provo).
I of course let them in and answered there questions. I felt like I was in an interview and just as she was leaving she said "ok, well thanks, I will let you know what we decide."
I crossed my fingers and told her " I hope I win!"

I won.

(2005)


Its been 5 years and we are STILL the best of friends.

(jess came to visit me in California in 2008)


We have done pretty good about keeping in contact with one another, but even if we hadn't...Jessica is one of those friends that no matter how long its been, it feels like no time has passed at all. I LOVE that.

I recently flew to Texas to visit her and I have missed her everyday since. Time flies when you laugh a lot and when Jess and I are together, we laugh a LOT.I had never been to Texas and Jessica made sure to show me a good time.

Beach, ferries, funnel cakes, henna tattoos, boardwalks, delicious ribs--made by her father that cooks better then any restaurant we ate at in Texas.






I L.O.V.E this girl and am very grateful that I was home the day she came knocking.

4 comments:

Anna said...

HOW did you make that collage??? it is soooooooo AWESOME! I love your little adventure wrapped up into one photo! how cool! What a great friend you have in Jessica! Life has it's funny ways of sending us earth angels doesn't it? xo- amt

Cortney said...

yeah, I like how it turned out too. Thanks! It was super easy. I made it in photoshop. I just had a blank page and I downloaded like 14 pictures and dragged them onto my blank page one by one,I made them different sizes and angled them so it had that collage feel.

Jessica said...

I think it was *ME* who won that day. I sure do love you, my Bostody!!! (Almost as much as my family, who still asks about you almost every day.)

Ashley said...

Choked up Cortney. I love this post.