Saturday, June 12, 2010

♥ me some good jeans

I'm organizing and cleaning out my closet in preparation for my big move to Utah in a few weeks.
I was going through my clothes and trying to get rid of a lot of the ones I haven't worn in awhile.
I have a confession.
I have a pair of American Eagle jeans that I can't seem to throw away. They are old, stained, full of holes, but they have always been my favorite pair of jeans...ever purchased.
I know it seems so silly to hold onto something like that, but I have tried a handful of times to throw them in the trash and I just can't do it.
I remember the day I bought those jeans. It was my very first pair of AE jeans and I saved up for them (50 bucks for a pair of jeans was a lot to me). I remember how good I felt in them. I remember how bummed I was when I got paint on them right under my left knee. I was wearing them when I had my very first kiss @ 16.
Isn't it crazy how many memories can be tied into a single article of clothing??
Maybe its just me.
I should make something out of them. Maybe a beach bag or something..? I don't know, but there they sit and with me they will stay.

4 comments:

Mamawags said...

You HAVE to keep them!! Yes, someday you will make something out of them. :D I have a quilt made from some of my old high school jeans... I love it! It always brings back the greatest memories!

Anna said...

how fun!!! since you are off to a new adventure - YES make a bag out of them - then collect patches(or mementoes) of all the FUN places you take that cute bag sew them on your good friend of a bag. And you to will be part of the "sisterhood" of traveling pants :) (fun) xo anna

harmony said...

my second date with kalob i had on a hot pair of jeans and i couldnt bare get rid of them. so i cut the pockets off the back and put the ticket stubs and whatnot from the date in it. still have the pocket, and am planning to put it in our scrapbook since its flat.

ipl live matches in hd said...

The exploration aspect of Diggy’s Adventure makes up the bulk of the gameplay. Its execution is very similar to Atakama Labs’ sadly-defunct Little Cave Hero, albeit with a more modern aesthetic. Clicking on the tiles of the grid-based map moves Diggy around, and he is able to dig through certain materials in exchange for energy. Diggys Adventure