Saturday, September 11, 2010

I forgot I had one of these...

Its no secret that life is hard.
Mine sure is at the current moment.
But thats just the thing, they are only moments. The hard times won't always be there. Well..at least thats what I keep telling myself.
I am still currently jobless...and its HARD.
Until my current moment passes I am creating a mental list of things I am grateful for.
1. Family- That my sister who is a mother of two who is remodeling her entire home and also pregnant took time to research and send me a list of job openings. That my brothers and their wives have fed me and gave me a place to stay when I was homeless. That my Parents...(pause while I cry some more)...love and support me and currently make it so I am not homeless and starving.
2. Friends-who also have fed me, but more importantly keep me happy. Especially my Andersen girls...couldn't survive here without them.
3. Laughter- thank goodness Heavenly Father gave us laughter and THANK GOODNESS ITS FREE. Laughing is the only thing keeping me sane as of lately.
4. Ingrid Michaelson songs- you can't NOT feel good listening to them.
5. My dreams-along with laughter this too is free and free is about all I can afford these days.
6. My extremely hot, baseball playing neighbors- I live next to three very, VERY good looking boys..correction..MEN (there is nothing boyish about them). Aleksi and I don't have internet or cable so being able to spy on our neighbors has provided some entertainment for us. Don't worry, our bedroom windows only face their living room and backyard. NOT their bedrooms..we're bored, not perverts. The other night I watched and listened from my dark bedroom window for over an hour while one of the boys and his girlfriend broke up. Tempers raged, awkward moments shared and tears were shed--by all three of us. It was like watching The Real World on MTV.
7. Reading- I currently just finished The Hunger Games series and it is the best series of books I have ever read. EVER.
8. Saron- my niece. She isn't even here yet and already brings me such joy. I can NOT wait to get my hands on her. I have been having dreams about her lately. The best part is that I get to be there when she makes her grand debut at the end of next month.
Thats my list so far, but it gets bigger each day.

4 comments:

Mamawags said...

"we're bored, not perverts."

BAHAHAHAHAHa HAHAHAHA, you crack me up!! That is the funniest thing-- and seriously, I bet that break-up was a good one!!

Keep looking on the bright side of things :)

ma said...

love,love, love ya - one day you will look back at all this, and have fond memories and great stories to tell. To your children you will say "that's nothing I remember when...." and you will smile.
love ya
Mom

Maxwell said...

so funny cortney!

Krystyna said...

aw, I just love you!!!!