Monday, December 6, 2010

You're InVitEd!!!!!

...to my pity party.
Time: Now-Who know's
Place: Here
What to Bring: Advice
Sooo..I have been feeling a little down the last few days. Well, if I am being completely honest..probably a few weeks.
There are a lot of things I don't understand, but at the top of my list is BOYS.
I don't get them. It's like men are from Mars and we are from somewhere totally different or something...
The dating world is constantly changing. The do's the dont's. I can't keep up. So much competition out there. I feel like I need to take up juggling or something...juggling and breathing fire while jumping on one foot, cross-eyed. I need something that makes me stand out from the crowd because apparently being a good person, cute, fun, creative, funny and spiritual is not enough these days. What about a good cook? or someone who is good with children? oh wait..no..no..that doesn't help either.
I heard a quote once that I loved and I try to remind myself of it every once in awhile.
"Don't focus on finding the right person, focus on BEING the right person"
As much as I agree with that..it's easier said than done. We are created to want companionship..are we not? I am starting to think only girls were created that way. I feel like boys are getting a little lazy these days. If a boy wants to go on a date...he asks a girl out. I'm not saying that its easy for them. I understand they may get nervous and worry about getting rejected, BUT if a girl wants to go out she has to wait to be asked. I can put myself out there, be friendly, be flirty, focus on BEING the RIGHT person and it still doesn't guarantee me a date on Friday night. I don't mean to be a complainer..I guess I have just had a streak of bad luck with boys as of late and its left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Something that should go away with some frozen yogurt...

3 comments:

Maxwell said...

I'm here for you - whenever you want to start dating someone 5 years younger.

Jennilyn said...

Hey, found you from Tiffany. You are exactly what every future-MIL wishes for in a DIL. Wishing arranged Mormon weddings were a tradition...seriously. But then our children would hold us responsible when things got difficult, "Why didn't you match me with someone more compatible?"

I married a RM 2 years younger-fresh off his mission, full of good habits and he was used to staying with his companion. He didn't want to be alone. Sometimes, the longer they are home, the more independent/selfish they can become. (Pick a young Wiffen-whatever!)

Stay sweet and keep developing your talents (LOVE your FaLaLa corner!). You are beautful and amazing and I think you will make a wonderful wife/mother. All those dreams can be real. Stay anxiously engaged-in good causes!

Tenille Gates said...

..Its hard to be alone..especially this time of year...though it may feel like it at times, its not the end of the world. You are such an awesome girl and any guy would be so lucky to snatch you up...and its not a question of if...its when. YOUR guy is out there and when you do find eachother you will laugh about this 'pity party'..promise. There is tons of happiness to be had..you just have to be patient ♥ im not saying being patient is fun but its a must :0) Dont give up! I hope you have a Merry Christmas with your awesome fam! xoxo