Tuesday, May 11, 2010

whistle while you work(out)

This morning I went to the gym...
and before you high-five me and say something like "good for you!!" (because thats what we women do, we congratulate each other on working out) I should probably say that I haven't been to the gym in a really long time AND I ate 3 cookies today. So..thats that.
I have a love/hate relationship with the gym..mostly hate, but I DO always feel better after I have gone and I'm not constantly thinking about it the rest of the day.
I wish I was one of those people that actually enjoyed it.
I enjoy exercising when its hidden and I don't realize I'm doing it. Like dancing.
Dancing is SUCH a workout and I love dancing. I should dance.
ANYWAY, after my hour was up I started for the EXIT. Walking infront of me was an old man who just finished his workout as well. As soon as he opened the door and stepped out of the gym he started whistling.
I smiled...I felt like whistling too.
I got 10 bucks that says he wasn't whistling on the way into the gym.

4 comments:

aleksi said...

it takes so much mental energy to get yourself to work out!

today, i woke up from my nap (at 9pm lol) and in my head i'm like okay you HAVE to work out. you HAVE to get out of bed. but it took another hour before i actually went outside and ran. ugh. why cant weight roll off our bodies with sweat?

Likely said...

I love that old man! so cute. What was he whistling?

"I don't think your ready for this jelly"?

Cort, I wish you went to a gym with classes -- that would change your world. Wait until you come here -- I am going to take you to all my dance classes at the gym. I looked it up for you once and that gym by you - Body Exchange, has a dance exercise class called zumba -- you should ask for a free pass to go and try it. and then switch gyms if you like it,

Krystyna said...

ugh... I hate the gym and I haven't been in forever either because I was so sick. Now that I'm not sick/barfing, though, I have no excuse so now I just feel guilty. HA! Us women are so weird.

But I love that old man, and I wish I could have his enthusiasm for the gym!

Cortney said...

I think his enthusiasm was for LEAVING the gym.