Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shopping Spree

I HATE saving money.
I LOATHE it.
I ABHOR it.
How many different ways can I say it?
I'm no good at it either.
I am trying to save money for future adventures, plans in the making, things I need to have money for. I hate that money is such a necessity.
I don't get those people that say "money can't buy you happiness"
who are those people?
are they for real?

Sure..I guess it can't buy you eternal happiness just temporary, but heck..I would love to be "temporarily" happy with a shopping spree right now.
Today I had to go to the mall because I ran out of make-up.
I think I should invest in a pair of blinders for situations such as this.

ps. someone should tell her, her eyelashes make her look ridiculous.
I kept telling myself "go in, grab what you NEED and get out."

It doesn't help though when your destination is SEPHORA.

Have you been to a Sephora?

holy cow.

I could probably spend an absurd amount of time in that store. Long story short. I did good. I went in..got what I needed and got out. I found lots of cute things I wanted to get, but I didn't.

I was strong.

So on the way home I rewarded myself by stopping at Target and getting a new shirt....kidding.

So after getting home with my ONE, TINY bag with ONE item in it. I decided to have a fake shopping spree.

IF I had lots of extra money to spend, this is what I would spend it on right now:

Aren't they adorable? *sigh* I would wear them to bed.
Anthropologie


I don't think I have ever loved a bag so much before in my life. This purse SINGS to me.

*cough* combined siblings b-day present? *cough*

Anthropologie (on sale) :)


I love these kind of hats. They are so artsy looking.
etsy

I have wanted a Polaroid camera for SO long now. Someday..........

I asked the lady at Sephora today how to make "ugly poop-brown" eyes stand out. She said wear golds, bronze, greens and purples. Then I saw this. :)

No, this is not a fancy bib. Its a necklace and I would rock it. It's SO cute.
Maybe I can make one? :)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34157318&ref=sr_gallery_11&&ga_search_query=black+lace+necklace&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title


I LOVE this little turquoise flower ring. Just what my finger needs.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40999979&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=ring+turquoise&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=4&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Every future designer needs one.

All this "shopping" has made me hungry.

My last purchase is this...


You have NOT lived unless you have had Pinkberry. It's delish.

If only...

9 comments:

Likely said...

and WHY didn't you link any of these things so we COULD buy them for you? HAve you learned how to link on blogger yet?

I have to admit that I am glad you don't have money for those red shoes. Heeedious. ha ha.

and am I crazy that I don't care for pinkberry??? call me crazy. The rest of your choices are great. I like how I care about YOUR choices. Add some links to these items so we can possibly spend OUR money on them :)

Likely said...

for you of course

aleksi said...

its so hard to save when you A)are a shopaholic and B)want everything that is cute.

Cortney said...

tiff- serious? I LOVE those shoes. I think they are so cute!! They are like modern day Dorothy shoes.Oh and yes, you are a little crazy for not liking Pinkberry. To quote mom maybe "your tastebuds just haven't matured yet.":)
nah, i get it. You either LOVE it or not. I'll try to add links. I dont know how yet.
lex- we are SO the same person. We are going to have to live out of YOUR car in utah.

Cortney said...

I'm bummed, I can't find that hat anymore. The other stuff you can just see on their actual websites. That necklace is uber pricey. I think I will attempt to make one this weekend, you know...because I have no friends...

harmkalob said...

corn. i love money. im married to someone that loves money. you cant buy happiness but it sure as heck helps get you things that make you happy and its easier to be happy when you dont have to stress about how your gonna buy a transmission and how am i going to pay my rent. whoever said that statement had money and must have always been, never knowing how being poor is depressing and unhappy. and on a lighter note. we love a lot of the same things. im glad you excluded getting tickets at pink berry

Mamawags said...

amen :) love to shop, hate to pay for it!!

Likely said...

kind of like dorothy's grandma's shoes. ha ha. just kidding sister. you would be cute in them. I couldn't pull them off. I don't even know what I would wear with them.

I think your singing purse is sold out --- I can't find it on the website anywhere. I saw the shoes, but....

i love you sister.

Cortney said...

I just went to the website and I think you're right...its gone. I seriously am so sad. I should have just jumped on it when I had the chance. For reals thats the kind of purchase that sticks with me. When I lived in Utah there was this super cute top that I saw at Nordstroms and I passed it up. I still think about. This purse will haunt me for a long time. No other purse will quite satisfy me. haha kidding. kinda.