Monday, March 22, 2010

Hundred dollars my foot.

One MAJOR plus about working at a scrapbook store is that I get to meet and create relationships with some of THE most talented women.
My dear friend Anna is one of these women.
I can spot an Anna-piece-of-work a mile away.
She is super talented, the sweetest mommy and the kindest woman I have ever met (no joke).
Last Friday I had the opportunity to go "play" at her house.
I had so much fun crafting, creating and chatting with her.
I loved it because I SO often crave that kind of time with my own sister (she lives in Maryland) and I very rarely get to "play creative" with her.
So being able to do that with Anna was a special treat.
THANKS ANNA!! ♥

Anna and I saw these Butterfly Fabric Necklaces on a blog that we both stalk.
We fell in love.
The lady that makes them sells them for over a HUNDRED dollars.
uh. No thank you.
We decided that we would try to create them ourselves.



Anna, I stole your pictures off your blog. :)


Here is my finished necklace. I am happy with how it turned out. I am going to change the ribbon that goes around my neck. I just grabbed some and tied it on there to snap a picture.


I know. It makes quite the statement, but I myself can make quite a statement..so maybe I can pull it off?

yay? nay?

6 comments:

Anna said...

GORGEOUS!! It looks wonderful on you... I seriously love the WHITE shirt - red cardi combo. It's simply smashing! Thanks for the love my dearest Cortney.. I really enjoyed our time together..... I was thrilled to get to know u better..... I went to Joann's today and scored some turquoise twill and off white linen. I am going to attempt one of those CUTE bags your sister made you... (with a spring twist....) I went to try and find that gauzy material but they were all out :( oh well..... I'm excited to hear what folks say about your necklace.... I am gifting mine to my sis-in-law.... It was too big for me... but I plan to make one or two more - because they are simply breathtaking!! xo,
anna

Mamawags said...

and how much are you selling them for???

very cute indeed.

but I'm not paying you a hundred buckaroos!!

Cortney said...

haha..I would never ask you for a hundred buckaroos. I'm actually not selling them (yet?). I just made one for myself :)

aleksi said...

Yay absolutely! I don't think it looks outrageous, it is super cute. Plus my mom always says more is more.

Krystyna said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I can't wait till we live in the same state and I'm not in school and we can PLAY whenever we want!!!!! Miss you, Cort!

Mamawags said...

well, cort... since you're not selling them, my birthday is next week. i love turquoise.

:)