Wednesday, March 10, 2010

♫ I get it from my momma...♫

So this may be one of those " you had to be there stories", but I think its pretty funny.

Yesterday my mom got these super cute floral flats from Target for only 12 bucks.
I asked her if they had other colors and prints.
They did.

I have been on the hunt for some plan, black flats for awhile now, but I haven't found any that I really love. I decided that I was going to swing by on my way home from work and just check it out. Fortunately and Unfortunately we have a Target located conveniently down the street from me. I LOVE Target.

As mentioned in a previous post I love shopping and am horrible about saving money.

I walked into Target and started heading towards the shoes. Then I got distracted by these cute, simple tank top dresses that were only 15 dollars. I thought about how I could dress them up with a cute cardy (cardigan) and some fun necklaces. I grabbed a black one and kept walking, but didn't get too far because I saw the exact cardy I wanted to wear with my soon-to-be new tank top dress. I wanted every color, but decided on two that I "just had to have" and walked on.
I walked through the swimsuits. Stopped. Let out a sigh and decided I don't quite want to think about swimsuit season yet and walked on. I ended up being in Target for about an hour. Spent $50.00 and didn't even make it to the shoes.
Good job, Cort.

I walked into my house, Target bag in hand..which held a new dress, 2 adorable cardigans and a tiny bit of guilt...oh, and gum. I don't feel too guilty because it could have been much worse and I LOVED every purchase made. I headed straight to my mothers room to tell her that her youngest daughter should probably seriously consider a little shopping rehab.

Before I walked into my mothers room she greeted me at the doorway.
The conversation went a little something like this...

"Mom, I have a problem..."
she glanced down at my hands that were gripping my new (adorable) purchases.
" uh oh...what'd ya buy?"
" ok, just hear me out..."

(sidenote: I got my hair done yesterdy. I am now an all over creamy, warm blonde. At first I didn't know how I felt about it, but now have decided that I LOVE it. It's amazing the confidence boost that can come with changing your hair.)

Then I went on trying to justify my recent shopping spree and saying things like "..I was feeling really blah lately and then I got my hair done and now I feel cute again...and now having cute hair makes clothes look especially cute on me.."

I just kept talking about how I can't help myself, its so hard for me to not buy stuff and I love shopping and yadda, yadda, yadda...

My mom just stood there in the doorway...nodding her head.

"hmmmm....yeah.....soo what'd ya buy?"

I started to make my way further into her room to show her my new items when...

pause.

" What the?!?!..."

My mom had 3 Target bags full of HER new items from HER recent shopping spree. 2 pairs of shoes, shirt, cardigan, new purse, new wallets....

nice, mom.

P.S. Its really nice when you and your mom wear the same size shoe.

6 comments:

aleksi said...

no really that is hilarious. i think being a shopaholic is hereditary, my mom is a million times worse than i am, only she can afford to buy whatever she wants and i cant.

Likely said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!! I could totally hear BOTH of your voices in that post. hilarious. This was so fun to read.

Just don't buy things because they are a good deal if you don't LOVE them. That is my advice. Sometimes I buy things because they are a good deal and I don't necessarily wear them so much because they don't fit just right or they are so quickly out of style....

I WANT PICTURES OF YOUR HAIR!

Cortney said...

seriously tiff...mom and I were on the floor laughing. The timing COULD NOT have been more perfect and the fact that she went to TARGET was hilarious.

Krystyna said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I just had a heart attack!!!!! I totally saw that ENTIRE scene play out and I am laughing SO hard right now! I love this post!!! And I wish that Tyler and I lived closer to you guys!! We seriously miss you like every day. UGH! Oh and p.s. I have a serious Target problem as well. Tyler doesn't even let me go IN the store, and if we do, I'm not allowed to go off the main walkways. It's a serious problem hahaha

Krystyna said...

oh and I want to see your new hair!!! Put a picture on the bliggity blog already!

Mamawags said...

I'm coming over!! what size shoes do you wear????

I meant to say, I'm coming over RIGHT AFTER I go to Target!!!

:)