Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shhh...

So there is a new movie coming out around the end of March called The Last Song. It's based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks (author of A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, Dear John)
I REALLY want to see it.
I love movies and I am a sucker for love stories. Is there a girl that isn't? I also think it has to do with the fact that I am a single girl that doesn't have a whole lot of romance in my life at the moment. So I choose to live my love life vicariously through Nicholas Sparks characters.

Should I be embarrassed that I read Nicholas Sparks books?
Is it only ok when you are in high school?
Well, regardless of what you think. I enjoy them. They are a fun and easy read.



What do you think? Wanna see it with me?
Well, before I see it I wanna read the book. The books are always better and I hear this one is really good. The only thing is..I kinda hate buying books. Very few times are you going to read the same book twice. So you buy it, read it and then it sits there and you become the library for someone else. Which I totally don't mind because like I said, I'm not going to read it again. Buying books adds up.
The other day I was talking to a friend and she said that she had gone to the library to get some books.

Ummmm......we still have those?!?!

Libraries. duh. I can't remember the last time I went into a county library. I remember when I was a little girl my mom would take me to the library during summer time and I got to pick out some books I wanted. I remember LOVING it. I think I still have my very first library card in my memory box at the top of my closet. It was bright yellow.

So today after work I went to the library and got myself a library card. I walked up and down all the aisles and peeked through the books and spied on people. You can do some serious people watching in Libraries. There were some very interesting characters there and I'm NOT talking about the ones in the books.
I didn't find the one I was wanting, but came home with a couple other ones.
To Kill a Mockingbird and Stargirl (No, Tiff...I haven't read it yet AND the information lady laughed at me because Stargirl was in the "juvenile childrens section". She must have thought it was humorous that I was reading a childs book. Whatever, she smelled weird.) So all in all the library was a success. I will read my books and have them back in 7 days.

I searched for an aisle less visited and had a photoshoot.

6 comments:

harmkalob said...

cortney i have stargirl and ive read it. and i gave it to my sister. its cute. and so random that you would get it, so what was your reasoning for choosing it?

Cortney said...

my sister loves that book..I mean LOVES that book.It's one of her favorites. She has tried to get me to read it several times and I just never have. When she was teaching 6th grade she read it to her class. She says its just super cute and fun.

aleksi said...

oh my gosh you are going to LOVE stargirl. i might name my firstborn "Stargirl," THATS how cute it is.
and I think it is really sad that libraries are slowly becoming irrevelant especially because of people like me who would rather buy the book, used, on ebay for $3. My county cut funding for the libraries for the rest of the year,so they cant buy anything new. I wonder if our kids will ever check out books from a library.

Likely said...

oh my gosh we go to the library like EVERY week. In fact, we go so often I just had to pay a fee of $20 for 25 books that were overdue.

get into the craft and sewing section. SOOO many good ones. I just checked out MArtha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts -- AWESOME.

You ARE going to love Stargirl and when you are done you are going to give me a book report and then you are going to want to read the second one called Love, Stargirl.

That last picture of you peeking through the books it SOOOO cute.

I am so glad aleksi loves it and is backing me up.

Krystyna said...

HAHAHA "she smelled weird" I just love you. And Stargirl is the best book ever!!!!! There's a sequel too. So fun.

harmkalob said...

somehow i should change the name thing to say harmony instead of kalob, but i dont know how. so corn, just know its me, hes not a blogger. hes a nose picker